Safe practices during level 2 at The Olympic:
We have missed you all, and we are very excited to be operating again from the 14th of May. While the excitement is great…we also wish to emphasise the importance of safe hygiene and social distancing practices at The Olympic facility. To make sure that we are providing the best, and safest environment for YOU, we must all work as a team.
We have listed below a basic outline of rules and regulations for safe practices during level 2…
Olympic Level 2 safe practices:
- 1-2m social distancing from others within the facility
- 90 minutes of maximum training time
- If you are unwell or are at risk, please stay at home (please see here for more information)
- Be courteous and kind to all staff and members at the facility
- Entry and exit will be coordinated with a 1 one system
- The Spa, Sauna and Steam room will be monitored to ensure that people are maintaining a safe distance
- In our group fitness studio, we have marked areas to ensure safe social distancing
- The gym has been marked out with safe areas to ensure n0 congestion
- YOU MUST use the hand sanitizer provided at the reception desk before entering the facility
- Casual customers will need to provide contact details for contact tracing
- All gym equipment and machines must be sprayed and wiped before and after use.
- Bring a sweat towel – No towel = No entry to the fitness centre
- Make sure to stay at a distance in the swimming lanes…avoid chatter and standing in groups.
- Please avoid using cash at the counter.
Be patient and follow the rules…
We understand that there will be a small transition time to familiarize yourself with these new rules. Please follow along to all signs and staff instruction…again, we have never had to go through anything like this before…and we are trying our best to make all customers and staff as safe as possible.
Virtual and In-Person Group Fitness classes:
A lot of you have been following along to our Virtual Group Fitness classes, which has been amazing. We will continue to stream and post these during level 2…from The Olympic!
This means you have the choice of following along in the comfort of your own home, or with the instructor in our group fitness studio.
The classes that we will be streaming online are:
- Body / Pump
*** we will not be operating our regular ARENA sessions during level 2, instead, we have added HIIT…which is a similar session, without the need for equipment.
Thank you for taking the time to read this, and please contact us if you have any further questions.