Health and Safety
- You must follow all Olympic rules and regulations from Olympic staff while inside the facility, otherwise you will be asked to leave the premises.
- Children under the age of 8 must be actively supervised by an accompanying adult when using the poolside facilities.
- You are expected to shower before entering the pools, sauna, or steam room when swimming.
- No alcohol is to be consumed on the premises.
- No smoking or vaping while inside the facility.
- Sweat towels must be used while using the gym. They can be hired from reception if needed.
- You are expected to clean up after yourself in all areas of the facility.
- The sauna and steam are to be used by persons 12 years or older.
- No large bags are permitted in the gym. Smaller bags may be allowed – check with gym staff on arrival.
- Please keep bags and personal belongings away from the side of the pool.
- Drink plenty of fluids, especially when using the spa, sauna and steam room.
- Stay in your lane – Swim in the lane that suits your best speed. Please be courteous of others around you while swimming.
- Appropriate footwear must be worn in the gym – covered toes and secured heel.
Conditions of Entry:
- Users must be 16 years or older to use the gym facilities.
- Any person suspected of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol will not be allowed entry.
- Children under 8 years old without a supervisor will not be allowed entry.
- The facility is not open for general viewers, and any person entering will be proofed for validity.
- You must wear appropriate clothing when in the gym.
- No cotton clothing to be worn while swimming.
- “Selfies” can only be taken with no other persons being in the shot.
- Workouts / Activities of other people are not allowed to be filmed without their express permission.
- Look after your own belongings. Anything that you bring inside is your responsibility to keep safe.
- We recommend using a padlock to lock your items in the changing rooms.
- “Sneaking” in non-members may result in a $22 fee or potential cancellation of your membership.
- When on a swimming-only membership, using the gym will result in a $22 fee and you will be removed from the area.
Be kind and respectful:
- We expect all persons within the facility to respect the boundaries of both staff and other patrons.
- We will not tolerate any bullying, intimidation or harassment.
- Any serious threat or act of physical violence within the facility will result in an immediate BAN and the police will be involved.
- Derogatory and abusive actions will result in a warning or ban from the facility. The Olympic is an open and inclusive environment…any homophobic, transphobic, or racial abuse will result in serious misconduct and a probable ban from the facility.
- All persons should feel confident in their changing rooms and The Olympic supports the facility that aligns with the customers gender. An alternative changing room (family changing room) is available for any persons who would prefer to use an individual area.
Coaching, Dive Groups and Training:
- No outside coaching is allowed without the consent of The Olympic management.
- Do not solicit any members or business within the facility. This includes contacting staff or members for purposes without their consent
- No diving groups are eligible to use the facility without the supervision of a PADI certified instructor. This includes the use of freediving equipment and free diving breathing training. All diving groups must book in advance, and each person will be charged $11 minimum for the use of outside equipment. Lane space is not included in this cost.
- Dive groups must be invoiced upon entry. All tanks must have rubber boots underneath. Lifeguards will direct the dive instructor as to which area they may use, taking into account other pool users and activities such as swim squads and aqua jogging.
- Only certified Olympic Personal Trainers are able to coach others in the gym.
- Personal training includes – coaching any person within the gym. Training with someone is always allowed, but singular training of individuals or groups needs to be pre-approved by the gym staff.
Friends and family
We encourage you to enjoy our facility with friends and family, but you must be training with them, not simply giving unsolicited advice.
- Groups of more than 5 persons, must book a private lane space, and are not able to use the public lanes for their own use.
- Only Hilton Brown Swimming and Olympic certified Personal trainers are able to operate coaching and training within the facility (unless pre-approval is given).
Jumping and “Bombs” into the pool:
- Bombing is allowed when given consent by the lifeguards on duty.
- This will be immediately stopped if the health and safety of other patrons swimming is directly impacted by the jumping.
- You must follow all lifeguard directions in relation to jumping / bombing
- Intentionally splashing other patrons will result in an immediate stop or your removal from the facility.
- No wooden paddles are to be used within the facility (inside or outside the pool).
- No large floatation devices are to be used in any of our pools, unless pre-arranged by Olympic staff.
- Headphones and non-intrusive music devices are acceptable. Speakers are not to be used on site.